The World Series of Poker just released the entire schedule for the 2019-2020 Circuit for the United States of America. Here’s what’s in store for another year of world-class poker.
The Circuit is scheduled to start on July 17th at the Choctaw Casino & Resort in Oklahoma and conclude with the Global Casino Championship in August 2020. There are 35 stops on the upcoming WSOP Circuit and five new stops have been added to the circuit this year that include:
- Ameristar St. Charles (St. Louis, Missouri) – last time on the WSOP Circuit was 2015
- Horseshoe Baltimore – was on the WSOP Circuit last season
- Harrah’s Las Vegas – first time on the WSOP Circuit
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa – first time on the WSOP Circuit
- Horseshoe Bossier City – first time on the WSOP Circuit
The front-runner amongst the venues is Harrah’s Cherokee in North Carolina, which will witness three WSOP Circuit stops and the much-awaited Global Casino Championship!
The Global Casino Championship is an exclusive invitation-only event with a minimum $1 million prize pool and all buy-ins are rake-free in which players can qualify in a number of ways. Here’s a look at the different ways to qualify:
- Free seats for the winners of a Main Event on the Circuit.
- Casino champions are the players who earn the most points in open ring events at a tour stop.
- Top 50 players on the season-long WSOP Circuit leaderboard who haven’t already qualified in one of the first two ways.
- Winners of any ring event.
- Players who finish in the top 100 of the previous year’s WSOP Player of the Year race also qualify for the season-ending event, but must pay the $10,000 buy-in.
Every year a series come back with improved versions of their previous season, this year’s circuit has announced the following:
- Payouts will get deeper, standing at roughly 15% of the field, compared to almost years 10%.
- The Big Blind Ante will be used in every tournament, a format gaining a lot of traction in the tournament world. What does this mean? When a tournament reaches the ante stage, instead of each player paying an ante, the person in the big blind will pay all of them at once. It is a bigger hit, , for that one player at that moment, but eventually everyone still pays the same amount every orbit. The advantage is that it speeds up the action and eliminates confusion for both the dealer and players who can’t remember to collect or put in the ante.
Here’s a look at the 2019-2020 World Series of Poker Circuit Schedule:
July 17 – 29, 2019 – Choctaw Durant (Dallas/Oklahoma)
August 1-12, 2019 – Harrah’s Cherokee (North Carolina)
August 15-26, 2019 – Foxwoods Resort Casino (Connecticut)
August 29 – September 9, 2019 – Ameristar St. Charles (St. Louis, Missouri)
September 5-16, 2019 – Thunder Valley Casino (Sacramento area, California)
September 12-23, 2019 – Potawatomi (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
September 17-29, 2019 – WSOP.com Online Circuit (New Jersey)
September 19-30, 2019 – Seminole Casino Coconut Creek (Coconut Creek, Florida)
September 26 – October 7, 2019 – Horseshoe Southern Indiana (Louisville/Indiana)
October 3-14, 2019 – Horseshoe Baltimore (Maryland/D.C.)
October 10-21, 2019 – Horseshoe Hammond (Chicago, Illinois)
October 24 – November 4, 2019 – Harveys Lake Tahoe (Reno/Tahoe Nevada)
October 30 – November 11, 2019 – Choctaw Durant (Dallas/Oklahoma)
November 14–25, 2019 – Planet Hollywood (Las Vegas Strip, Nevada)
November 28 – December 9, 2019 – Harrah’s Cherokee (North Carolina)
November 30-December 11, 2019 – The Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, California)
December 5-16, 2019 – IP Casino Resort Spa (Biloxi, Mississippi)
December 12-22, 2019 – Harrah’s Las Vegas in Convention Center (Las Vegas, Nevada)
January 2-14, 2020 – Choctaw Durant (Dallas/Oklahoma)
January 9-20, 2020 – Thunder Valley Casino (Sacramento area, California)
January 16-27, 2020 – Horseshoe Tunica (Tunica, Mississippi)
January 30 – February 10, 2020 – Potawatomi (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
February 6–17, 2020 – Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa (Tampa, Florida)
February 14-25, 2020 – Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, Nevada)
February 20 – March 2, 2020 – Horseshoe Hammond (Chicago, Illinois)
February 25 – March 8, 2020 – WSOP.com Online Circuit (Nevada)
February 27 – March 10, 2020 – Horseshoe Bossier City (Shreveport, Louisiana/Texas)
March 5-16, 2020 – Harrah’s Atlantic City (Atlantic City, New Jersey)
March 7 – 18, 2020 – The Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, California)
March 12-23, 2020 – Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tulsa (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
March 19-30, 2020 – Bally’s (Las Vegas Strip, Nevada)
March 26 – April 6, 2020 – Horseshoe Council Bluffs (Omaha, Nebraska/Iowa)