The 2019 World Series of Poker (WSOP) is all-in on upping their player experience for its 50th anniversary! With new improved structures and several new additions, here’s what the tournament has in store for this year.
100 Automatic Card Shufflers Installed
Provided by Scientific Games, DeckMate2 automatic shufflers have been installed in the Amazon Room of the 2019 WSOP. One hundred such shufflers will be used in this room for all events that begin from 3.00 pm onward, including all restarts. The objective is to help the dealers focus on keeping the game flowing and not waste time since the automatic shufflers will speed up the action on the felts considerably.
Five Main Event Seats up for grabs
The WSOP has decided to reward its most loyal tournament players by giving out $50,000 worth of WSOP Main Event seats! A draw will be held on the first of July and it’s possible to be entered into the draw upto five times. Here’s a look at the different chances of entering the draws:
- Swipe the Caesars Rewards card
- Play in two bracelet events
- Play in a gold bracelet event
$500 Given Away Every Hour of Every Day
Every hour of every day sees a random draw to choose a person for the ‘Hot Seat’. Stand a chance to be on the ‘Hot Seat’ by playing the Live Action games in the Rio Pavilion Ballroom from June 3rd to July 9th. The chosen draw earns $500 worth of Rio casino chips.
The Gavin Smith Memorial Poker Tournament
The Poker community unfortunately mourned the passing of one of their beloved player Gavin Smith this year. 50-year-old Gavin was the life and soul on the felts and won a gold bracelet on the WSOP turf in 2010. To commemorate the legend, a $200 buy-in Gavin Smith Memorial Poker Tournament will be held at this year’s WSOP series. Players are invited to play the same on the 28th of May and $100 of the buy-in will be contributed towards the Gavin Smith Trust to help raise funds for his family.
- Ladies No-Limit Hold’em Warm Up Tournament – With the number of female participants on the rise, The Ladies event is always popular at the WSOP, and now poker’s women can play in a special $150 buy-in no-limit hold’em tournament this year. There is also a Ladies No-Limit Hold’em Warm Up Tournament that is sure to grab some attention.
- Seniors Deep Stack – If you are 50+, one has the option of playing in a special one-day Seniors Deep Stack every Wednesday from May 28th to July 10th at 9:00 a.m.
- PLO deep stack tournament – The 2019 WSOP event has got all kinds of players covered. Fans of pot-limit Omaha can play in a weekly $250 one-day PLO deep stack tournament every Sunday from Jun. 2 to Jul. 14 at 5:00 p.m.
Goodbye long registration queues
A mammoth event like the WSOP is bound to attract a lot of players and long queues is something they do not want to be dealing with. This year they have changed the experience giving players the option to wire funds for WSOP tournaments or put money on an account. Once an account has been setup at the WSOP Main Cage, it will allow you to register for the WSOP events online or via your mobile device. Seating cards and receipts maybe printed at a kiosk stationed at the venues to avoid the queues!
Although cash is king, players may now use their debit and credit cards to buy into events. However transaction fees will apply on non-cash or non-casino chip options, not by the event organizers (WSOP), but the company processing the cards.
Stay tuned for all the action!